We can all agree one of the best parts about beach days is the glow on your skin, the sexy tousled waves of hair, and the softer skin we get from laying and rolling in the sand all day. When we get home, however, we're often in desperate need of some TLC- including boatloads of moisturization.
These days, when many of us are unable to go to the beach and indulge in nature's exfoliation, I resort to my weekly ritual of a body scrub "rub-down" in my shower. I've been making this recipe since my teen years, and have found it's my go-to for right after I shave, for right before a hot date, for the night before a beach day, and even for my models the day before a shoot.
My favorite part about this scrub is the fragrance and level of moisture my skin is left with- I don't need to moisturize at all or wear any perfume after my shower. The essential oils pick up my natural pheromones and I'm left walking around leaving a trail of my very own scent, feeling like a goddess wherever I go.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- leftover coffee grounds (I use as much as I can- I'd say usually 2 cups or so)
- white sugar (I use 1 cup)
- carrier oil (I use about 1 cup. My fave is Olive Oil, but Almond & Coconut work great too)
- ground clove (I use about 1 tablespoon)
- your favorite essential oils (I recommend 5 drops of Neroli, 3 drops of Frankincense, 3 drops of Lavender & 1 drop of Patchouli)
- a bowl or container (I prefer glass Tupperware so that I can make a few batches at once)
- Begin by sifting the coffee, sugar, and ground cloves together in a bowl.
- Slowly introduce the carrier oil. I like my scrub dense, so I mix in the exfoliants with the oil as I pour it in through a spoon. If the oil and coffee start to sit separately on the container, I stop. That's plenty of oil for me.
- Add in the droplets of your preferred essential oils or blend.
- Mix well and take into the shower with you.
- Apply a generous amount on the body.
- Lather well for a few minutes on damp skin, working the product vigorously on target areas like legs, back of arms, butt, and feet.
- Rinse off well with warm/hot water. (This process may take a few minutes)
- Rinse off your shower/bathtub well. (The oil may leave some slippery residue and the Coffee may release some color)
- Towel or air dry and go about your routine. (You can ditch any body lotion or perfumes though)
- If you have any leftover scrub, store it in a cool, dry place and use within 4 days of making.
🏡 Stay Home, Siren.